ARCADE COMEDY THEATER PRESENTS
OUR FIRST THEATRICAL PRODUCTION
By Joe Lo Truglio, Michael Showalter, and David Wain
SEPT. 21 – OCT. 6
Fridays & Saturdays at 10PM
From the guys who created Wet Hot American Summer, STELLA, and The State
Arcade is embarking on a new kind of artistic adventure: our first-ever full-length theatrical production! And we couldn’t think of a better play to start with than the absurdist cult-classic SEX A.K.A. WIENERS AND BOOBS written by Joe Lo Truglio, Michael Showalter, and David Wain!
The irreverent SEX a.k.a Wieners and Boobs is a lovingly anarchic tribute to community theater that breaks the fourth wall and keeps audiences on their toes. Set in the “wild west” of Teaneck, New Jersey, the show centers around a standoff between a young sheriff and a pimp that controls the town with a gang of prostitutes and gigolos. Much like the shows and films created by Lo Truglio, Showalter, and Wain, SEX promises to be wild, surprising, and truly absurd.
All performances of the play include a scene from David Mamet’s “Glengarry Glen Ross!”
Directed by Don DiGiulio
Producer by Mike Rubino and Arcade Comedy Theater
*Show features a scene from David Mamet’s “Glengarry Glen Ross”
Michael McBurney as “Old Timer”
Music by Jesse LE
Technical Direction by Aaron Tarnow
Graphic Design by Mike Rubino
Produced through special arrangement with Playscripts, Inc.
Full Performance Schedule
- Friday, Sept 21 at 10pm (Opening Night)
- Saturday, Sept 22 at 10pm
- Friday, Sept 28 at 10pm
- Saturday, Sept 29 at 10pm
- Friday, Oct 5 at 10pm
- Saturday, Oct 6 at 10pm (Closing Night)
Special Thanks to our Sponsors:
- Pittsburgh Current
- Pittsburgh Musical Theater
- Schnader Attorneys at Law
- Very Law Firm
- Well Known Strangers & Ted City Yodelers
- Totally Tremendous Trivia
- Knights of the Arcade
- Your Life: the Musical
- Frankly Scarlett
- Level Interactive
The Cultural District is a bustling, exciting place to be — whether it’s a street festival, Pirates game, or Hollywood film shoot, there’s always something cool happening. So give yourself a little extra time to park and get to the theater. There are two parking garages within a block of the theater, both of which are only $6 for the night.
There are also a number of bus stops near us, as well as the Wood Street T-Station, if you’re taking public transit.
Production Policies & Info
- These performances are BYOB: for a corkage fee, patrons are allowed to bring in 1 bottle of wine or a 6-pack of beer or malt beverages. No liquor. Please drink responsibly, and any visibly intoxicated patrons will be asked to leave. Here’s our full BYOB policy.
- All seating is general admission, with doors opening approximately 15 minutes before curtain. Guests arriving once the show has started will be asked to wait for a break in the action before being seated, and we can’t guarantee you’ll be able to sit together. Also, this play will make very little sense if you miss the beginning, so please arrive on time.
- The show does contain explicit language and strobe lighting effects.