ARCADE COMEDY THEATER PRESENTS
By Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio
September 5 – 21
Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays at 9PM
Get Unique Perks as a Bubble Backer!
Go beyond just buying a ticket for the show, and become a Bubble Backer! Donate to the Arcade before August 23 and enjoy all kinds of cool perks including VIP seats, shout-outs, a party, and more!
What would you do for love? If you’re Jimmy Livingston, a kid stuck in the shelter of the suburbs without a friend or an immune system, you make yourself a bubble suit and risk it all in a cross-country adventure to stop a wedding! Jimmy will need to leave the metaphorical bubble his strict parents have placed him in (while staying in his actual bubble… so he can live) and find out what the real world is all about.
That’s Bubble Boy, a mad-cap, pop-musical unlike anything you’ve seen at Arcade before.
We’re presenting our first ever musical, and it’s as goofy, absurd, and hilarious as you’d expect — from the same team that brought you 2018’s production of SEX a.k.a Wieners and Boobs. Featuring a cast of over a dozen actors accompanied by a full band.
Nathaniel Yost as Jimmy
Alex Manalo as Chloe
H. Davis Weaver
Directed by Don DiGiulio
Music Direction by Joseph P. Stamerra
Produced by Mike Rubino and Arcade Comedy Theater
Music by Joseph P. Stamerra, Nathan Zoob, and Tracey Whorton
Technical Direction by Aaron Tarnow
Stage Management by Charissa Sedor
Graphic Design by Mike Rubino
Bubble Boy is presented by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc., New York.
Full Performance Schedule
- Thursday, Sept 5 at 9PM (opening night)
- Friday, September 6 at 9PM (donor party night!)
- Saturday, September 7 at 9PM
- Thursday, September 12 at 9PM
- Friday, September 13 at 9PM
- Saturday, September 14 at 9PM
- Thursday, September 19 at 9PM
- Friday, September 20 at 9PM
- Saturday, September 21 at 9PM (closing night)
Special Thanks to our Sponsors:
The Cultural District is a bustling, exciting place to be — whether it’s a street festival, Pirates game, or Hollywood film shoot, there’s always something cool happening. So give yourself a little extra time to park and get to the theater. There are is a parking garage within a block of the theater, which is only $6 for the night: Smithfield & Liberty Garage.
There are also a number of bus stops near us, as well as the Wood Street T-Station, if you’re taking public transit. Drop-off and pick-up areas are available right in front of our building.
Production Policies & Info
- These performances are BYOB: for a corkage fee, patrons are allowed to bring in 1 bottle of wine or a 6-pack of beer or malt beverages. No liquor. Please drink responsibly, and any visibly intoxicated patrons will be asked to leave. Here’s our full BYOB policy.
- All seating is general admission, with doors opening approximately 15 minutes before curtain. Guests arriving once the show has started will be asked to wait for a break in the action before being seated, and we can’t guarantee you’ll be able to sit together. Also, this play will make very little sense if you miss the beginning, so please arrive on time.